Priorities & Endorsements
Small town feel
- Endorsed by local law enforcement and firefighters/paramedics
- Increased number of fire rescue paramedics at Jupiter fire stations
- Ensured that local law enforcement had right staffing levels
- Only candidate in the Mayor race to have gone on day and overnight ride alongs with Jupiter PD to better understand their needs
- Worked with Uber to develop first partnership in Florida between Uber and a local goverment aimed at reducing drunk driving
- Ilan will continue to work to maintain small town feel and reduce size of projects that come before the Town. Ilan wants to continue bring local residents and business owners together on any proposed project to ensure a project meets the needs and expectations of nearby residents, and will say no to any project that doesn’t fit Jupiter’s vision.
- We need to keep the unique qualities of Jupiter including preserving historic structure
- Ilan was the first council member to advocate for new historic preservation ordinance in 2016
- We need to continue to assist homeowners, local businesses and employers, including our small business owners, with specific policies. Following storm events Ilan proposed waiving permit fees for home and business repairs and during COVID and passed several policies aimed at helping local businesses.
- Fought to get the green and open space bond on the ballot so residents could vote on whether to acquire more green space
- Led the creation of the town’s first environmental advisory committee
- Recent strategic priorities include hiring a sustainability coordinator and development of the Town’s first sustainability plan
- We need to develop better partnerships with other local government entities and the state government to increase investment in improving local water quality, including the restoration and preservation of key ecosystems along the Jupiter inlet, Loxahatchee river, and local canal systems.
- Worked with residents and business to pass fertilizer reduction ordinance and single use plastic reduction policy
- With local Veterans groups, Ilan fought to ensure funding and construction of Town’s first Veterans Memorial
- Ilan passed several polices to provide more opportunities for Veteran owned business and matching grants for Veterans completing certain home improvements
- Ilan proposed and worked to create a Citizen advisory council on education issues focused on overcrowding
- Ilan Will continue to advocate to school board to address overcrowding at Jupiter High School
Government Transparency and Taxes
- Ilan has routinely advocated to maintain high level of service while not increasing tax rate (led advocacy to reduce tax rate on multiple occasions)
- Ilan Increased the amount of time council agendas are available to public before meetings and ensured council meetings are available online to public live on the internet.
- Ilan and his wife have 2 children currently participating in youth sports and believes we need to improve the quality and amount of our recreation facilities for both children and adults
- He is currently advocating to create more indoor community space